Thursday, August 23, 2012

Banana Cake Ice Cream Sandwich

Carbs are my weakness, the thought of biting into a moist cake or a chewy cookie will get me every time. So I have come up with a cool way to reduce portion sizes on those treats we all love.

Check out my Banana Cake Ice- Cream Sandwich.



I took a regular wholegrain banana nut muffin from the supermarket, (yes, sure it was loaded with preservatives and many chemical ingredients but hey, sometimes a girl just wants a muffin!) cut it in half and hollowed out the insides. I love the muffin top (hahaha no pun intended!) so I left that in tack.

The idea is to scoop out as much of the middle as you can. But it doesn't end there, to replace the insides of the hollow muffin, add one scoop of ice cream!!

I used green tea ice cream but you can choose whatever flavour you desire!

Look, its not healthy but it sure is good! And you are significantly reducing your portion size but not taking away any of the yumminess!

Enjoy!

1 comment: