Thursday, October 25, 2012

Low Carb Tortilla Pizza

Using a whole wheat tortilla as a pizza base is a great low carb alternative to traditional pizza bases. A traditional pizza base has about 40g of carbs per serve whereas most tortillas have about 20g.

The fact that they are thin also make them super easy and quick to prepare and they crisp up nicely around the edges.

Check out my Tortilla Base Pizza:


To enhance the nutritional properties I used lots of veggies like broccoli, cauliflower, rocket, spinach, tomato and onions. Instead of using traditional pizza sauce I used salsa for an extra kick. I finished it all off with pine nuts and shredded cheese.

I baked this pizza in a toaster oven for about 5 min- you definitely want to keep an eye on this one as it can burn easily!

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment